LIBRARY FRIENDS OF PAYSON
The Library Friends of Payson,
Inc., is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide
financial and community support to the Payson Public Library. We
believe that public libraries comprise an integral aspect of community
identity and development, and we support endeavors that encourage
literacy and free inquiry within the individual, the family, and
many of Rim Country's finest service organizations, "The Library
Friends" were established as a 'grassroots' effort to support the
growing Payson Public Library.
We have evolved from just providing books -- to purchasing computers
and other equipment & funding Public Library programs that would not
otherwise be covered in its Town and County budget.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE:
We offer a Free Library Services
for Homebound Individuals - through our "Library Buddy Program." We
also purchase books and supplies for Payson Public Library.
PROJECTS WE SPONSOR:
We are an Annual Rim Country
Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Showcase participant.
We maintain the LFOP bookstore (a used bookstore in the Payson Public
Library). Staffing is done entirely by volunteers.
LFOP Meetings are now
- Slate of Officers 2012-2013
- President Linda Lanctot
- Vice President Conrad Okerwall
- Treasurer John Wilson
- Secretary Kathy Morgan
- Slate for Board of Directors 2012-2013
- Fin. Secretary Patty Johnson
- Bookstore Jeanne Schoonover and Karen Thornton
- Board Members not needing re-election this year
- At-Large Bruce Halvarson – replacing John Wakelin
- At-Large Sue Wilson
- At-Large Pat ‘Gail’ Hearne
- At-Large Bev Okerwall
- Newsletter Romaine Brophy
- Program Bessie Watson (going on family leave in Oct)
- Membership Alice Natale-replacing Jan Owen
E-Mail The Library Friends of Payson